Full-time faculty, staff, and technical service members are eligible to enroll in the Penn State Vision Plan. For information about spouse and dependent children eligibility, please see Dependent Eligibility.
Part-time faculty, staff, and technical service members are not eligible to participate in the Penn State Vision Plan.
Postdoctoral Scholars: As per postdoctoral scholar eligibility, the per-pay contribution rates follow the same premium schedule as for faculty and staff. For additional information regarding the benefits available to postdoctoral scholars, please contact or visit the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs.
If you or your dependents are no longer eligible for the vision plan, information will be mailed from Lifetime Benefit Solutions regarding continuing coverage under COBRA. Additional information regarding COBRA benefits can be found on our COBRA website.
2019 Vision Benefits
Features of the new vendor include:
- Increased allowance for contact lenses and frames to $130 (previous provider: $90)
- ANY frame covered at 100% at Target Optical and Sears Optical (Freedom Pass)
- Participating providers include; LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, and many independent providers
- 40% discount on additional glasses
- Online purchasing at Glasses.com
- 40% discount on hearing exams
- Access to claims and benefits are available via the EyeMed mobile app and online access
- When searching online for an in-network provider, select the INSIGHT network
2019 Vision Premiums
For questions, contact EyeMed at 1-866-939-3633.