Staff Job Review
How to Request a Staff Job Review
A staff position that has experienced significant change and growth, supported by increased competency proficiency, can be reviewed through the formal Staff Job Review process. Prior to submitting a request, please take a moment to review some Staff Job Review Facts.
The Staff Job Review process is as follows:
1. The Manager begins the process by consulting with their unit HR to discuss a prospective job review.
2. The Manager will review the job review process and a listing of the required documentation. It is the responsibility of the Manager to complete all required forms prior to submission to unit HR. An employee’s involvement in the job review process is not a requirement and is at the discretion of the Manager.
3. The Manager must complete the Staff Job Review Packet, which is made up of the following forms:
Other Relevant Information
4. Once all of the forms and documents have been completed, the Manager will provide the Staff Job Review Packet to unit HR. Unit HR will confirm that the Staff Job Review Packet is complete and accurate, and that unit leadership supports the request for review.
5. Unit HR will submit the Staff Job Review Packet in ONE file to [email protected].
6. Classification will conduct a job review. The Classification Specialist may reach out to unit HR and/or the Manager, should they have any questions.
7. Classification will email a formal outcome of the job review to unit HR within approximately 30 days. Unit HR will inform the Manager of the job review outcome and discuss the appropriate communication to the employee.
Please note: It is important that the Job Review Packet is as detailed and complete as possible. Forms and documents lacking specific details will not be accepted by Classification and will delay the job review process.