2019 Dental Insurance
Penn State’s dental plan, administered by United Concordia (UCCI), offers you the option to select any dentist of your choice, in or out of the network. However, when you use a UCCI network provider, you receive the highest level of benefits and are not responsible for amounts in excess of the contracted allowance.
Coverage highlights include:
- Preventive dental exams, including bitewing x-rays, and fluoride treatments for children are covered at 100%.
- Basic services such as extractions, oral surgery, and periodontics are covered at 80%.
- Major services such as inlays, on-lays, crowns, bridges, and implants are covered at 60% when you use a UCCI network dentist.
- A deductible for non-preventive services:
- $50 individual
- $150 other coverage levels.
The yearly maximum per person is $1,500 for basic and major services.
Orthodontia services are available for both adults and children up to $1,500 per lifetime, per person.
For questions, contact United Concordia at 1-800-423-8217.