CVS Caremark Frequently Asked Questions
How do I order prescriptions?
Choosing how to fill your prescriptions depends on whether you are ordering a short-term or long-term medication.
- For short-term medications (like an antibiotic), fill anywhere in our network of more than 68,000 pharmacies nationwide, including chain pharmacies, 20,000 independent pharmacies and 9,600 CVS Pharmacy locations (including those inside Target stores).
- For long-term medications (such as for high blood pressure or diabetes), you have two options: CVS Caremark Mail Service or University Health Services (UHS) pharmacy located at University Park campus.
How do I start using University Health Services pharmacy?
You may contact University Health Services at 814-865-9321 or 800-821-7285. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:30 am to 5:00 pm. Wednesday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
How do I start using CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy?
There are four options:
- Call 844-462-0203. CVS will contact your doctor for a 90-day prescription of your current medications.
- Visit caremark.com/mailservice and sign in. Follow the steps to request a prescription.
- Your doctor can return a mail service order form via fax at 1-800-378-0323.
- Fill out an return a mail service order form. You can download one at caremark.com
How long does it take to receive my medications that I order through the CVS Caremark mail service?
For new prescriptions, it can take up to 10 days from the day you submit your order for delivery of your medication. Refills are usually delivered within seven days of placing your order. Although CVS Caremark processes the orders within a day or two, the exact delivery day is dependent on the U.S. Postal Service. You do have the option to expedite a shipment for an additional fee.
How can I check the status of my refill order?
You can check the status of your mail order refill for traditional medications by signing on to caremark.com. Click "My Account" on the top right of the page, then click "Prescription History and Order Status." You can also call Customer Care toll-free at 844-462-0203.
Will I be reminded when it’s time to refill?
Yes. You can sign up for refill reminders in one of three ways:
- Go online to caremark.com
- Use the CVS Caremark mobile app
- Call Customer Care toll-free at 844-462-0203
How can I check that my current pharmacy is in the CVS Caremark Retail Pharmacy Network?
You can pre-register at caremark.com or call Customer Care at 1-844-462-0203.
How can I find out if my medication is covered? How can I find out how much my cost is going to be?
You can register at caremark.com or call Customer Care at 1-844-462-0203.
What if I want to speak with a pharmacist?
You can speak to a pharmacist 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by calling Customer Care toll-free at 1-844-462-0203. When you call, you may be asked several questions to verify your identification.
Where and how can I fill my Specialty Prescriptions?
You will need to use CVS Specialty to get your specialty medications Sepcialty medications filled through other pharmacies will not be covered by your plan, with the exception of a select group of specialty medications may be filled at either CVS Specialty or University Health Servies Pharmacy (UHS) on the University Park campus at 202 Student Health Center.
To fill a prescription with CVS Specialty your doctor can:
- Fax in your specialty prescription(s) at 800-323-2445
- e-Prescribe your specialty prescription(s) to CVS Specialty
- Call your specialty prescription(s) in at 800-237-2767
For prescriptions filled through CVS Specialty you have the choice to either pick up your prescription in a CVS Pharmacy retail location or have the prescription delivered to your home. You may contact CVS Specialty at 800-237-2767 from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST) Monday through Friday.
What specialty medications can be filled at University Health Services and how can I fill a prescription?
The following are the only specialty medications that may be filled at UHS: Aranesp®, Copaxone®, Enbrel®, Forteo®, imatinib mesylate, Sprycel®, Xeljanz® All other specialty medications must be filled through CVS Specialty.
To fill a prescription for one of the medications above at University Health Services:
- Fax in your specialty prescription(s) at 814-863-5371
- e-Prescribe your specialty prescription to UHS Pharmacy
- Mail to The UHS Pharmacy, 202 Student Health Center, University Park, PA 16802
- Call your specialty prescription(s) in at 800-821-7285 or 814-865-9321
You may contact University Health Services at 814-865-9321 or 800-821-7285. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST), Wednesday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.