Table Attendant - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Hospitality and Food Services
JOB CODE: 8549-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Table Attendants are servers at one of the University’s Hospitality Services locations, such as The Penn Stater and The Nittany Lion Inn. Responsibilities include taking orders, handling money, using point of sale system, verifying patrons’ identification to ensure compliance with Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) laws regarding minimum age requirements and consumption of alcoholic beverages, serving food and beverages to guests, preparing tables and service-ware, and clearing tables. These positions are typically eligible for tips.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Set and reset tables with appropriate utensils, condiments, linen, ornamentation, etc.
- Take customer orders; provide information on menu items, make recommendations, as appropriate; process orders for preparation
- Check customer identification to verify age requirements for alcohol purchases
- Verify content of completed orders; deliver and serve orders; present bill to customer
- Notify supervisor of customers appearing visibly intoxicated
- Clear tables, stock utensils, etc., on stand or remove items to kitchen, as required
- Perform table-side preparation of special menu items
- Prepare set-ups for banquets and special dinners
- Keep condiment containers cleaned and filled
- Maintain side work areas in a clean and orderly fashion, keep stocked with appropriate items
- Maintain dining area in a clean and orderly fashion; dust and polish furniture and fixtures, dry and polish silverware, perform cleaning chores, as required
- Wipe off service plates and, as required, wash service plates by hand
REQUIREMENTS: Must be Responsible Alcohol Management Program (RAMP) certified or be willing to take the training as a condition of hire.