Announcing the 2020 holiday schedule
The 2020 holidays are:
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 25, 2020
- Independence Day: Saturday, July 4, 2020
Both University policy and collective bargaining agreements provide that if a University holiday falls on an employee’s regularly scheduled day off, the employee receives holiday compensatory time to be used at another time. Therefore, full-time employees who normally do not work Saturdays will receive holiday compensatory time for the Independence Day holiday.
- Labor Day: Monday, September 7, 2020
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 26, 2020 (Remember, the Friday after Thanksgiving is a Campus Closure day.)
- December Break: December 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, 2020
For more information regarding holidays:
Staff: Refer to University Policy HR34 Employment Conditions for Staff Employees.
Union-represented employees: Refer to the holiday provisions in respective Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Part-time employees with grandfathered HR05 eligibility: Refer to Grandfathered HR05 Eligibility.
Questions regarding the University holiday schedule should be directed to HR Services by calling 814-865-1473 or placing an inquiry via WorkLion.