Food Service Worker - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Hospitality and Food Services
JOB CODE: 8524-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Take food orders from customers; prepare and ‘cook to order’ foods requiring only a short preparation time. Note: Branded retail dining food service positions should be classified as Fast Food Worker (Branded).
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Work on serving counter and food stations as required; be knowledgeable about menus and recipe ingredients; ensure correct portion size is distributed; move food to and from serving counter and food bars as required
- Cook to order and finish short preparation foods, such as hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, popcorn, soft pretzels, pizza, breakfast items, etc.; dispense food following portion control, product timing and temperature guidelines
- Set up and check dishes, utensils, signs, condiments, etc. for serving lines and food bars
- Prepare items for serving, including vegetables, salads, dressings, sauces, condiments, muffins, baked goods, sandwiches, wraps, parfaits, sushi, etc.
- Prepare and serve hot and cold specialty coffee drinks, tea, smoothies, and other beverages
- Follow simple recipes and job aides
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage; stock, rotate, and replenish products; check for quality and freshness and take corrective action as required
- Operate equipment including broilers, grills, fryers, microwave/convection/combi ovens, pizza and toaster ovens, dough press, panini machine, pasta and rice cookers, steam tables, kettles, blenders, food processors, mixer, slicer, chopper, coffee/beverage machines, etc.
- Clean work area, dining area, and equipment; ensure general cleanliness and sanitation by following established guidelines to ensure proper food safety; monitor food temperatures and make adjustments as necessary; maintain accurate temperature logs when required
- Take orders and ring up sales on cash register as necessary; make change as required