The application process is fully automated for eligible spouses and dependent children.
If you believe that the tuition discount was applied incorrectly or not applied to your spouse’s or child’s LionPath tuition bill, please contact HR Services at 814-865-1473 or place an inquiry within WorkLion.
- Eligible employees wishing to use the tuition discount for themselves do not need to submit any forms. This will continue to be an automatic process through the Bursar's office to apply the discount
- Eligible spouses and dependent children up to the age of 26 are eligible to receive a tuition discount of 75% of the Pennsylvania in-state tuition cost, as outlined in Policy HR37
- Pennsylvania College of Technology tuition discount requests will continue to be made through the Workday Request for Dependent Tuition Discount Request online form. Pennsylvania College of Technology requests must be made once each academic year by choosing all applicable academic year semesters.
- It is important that your dependent(s)' Social Security Number be listed and match in both Workday and their student account at accounts.psu.edu, as this is a required field for the automated process to flow smoothly and assure that your tuition bill in LionPath is accurately calculated.
- If you have not already completed the dependent verification program within Workday, you will be required to do so for the dependent to be eligible for tuition discount. For more details about the dependent verification program please refer to our Benefits Eligibility - Dependent Verification information and our acceptable Documents for Dependent Verification.
Verifying Dependent Social Security Number
- Login to Workday via the WorkLion portal.
- From your Workday home page, select the Benefits application.
- Within the View section, select "1095 SSN Verification Report."
- Verify your dependent SSN.
- If all information is accurate, no further action is needed.
- If you need to correct a dependent SSN, please refer to the below instructions.
* If you are a retiree, please contact HR Services to verify your dependent SSN.
Instructions to Correct Dependent Social Security Number
1. Login to Workday via the WorkLion portal.
2. From your Workday home page, select the Benefits application.
3. Within the Change section, select "Dependents."
4. Click on the "Edit" Button to the right of you dependent name.
5. From the Edit My Dependent Screen
a. Under Effective Date & Reason, click Edit (pencil icon) in upper right of this section. Use the current date already provided. Enter the Reason as "Edit Dependent Information." Click Save (check mark icon) in upper right to complete the section.
b. Under National IDs, click Edit (pencil icon) in upper right of this section. Make applicable SSN change. Click Save (check mark icon) in upper right to complete the section.
c. Once all updates are made, click the Submit button in the lower, left-hand corner of the web page.
6. Follow steps 3-5 for all dependents needing updated.
* If you are a retiree, please contact HR Services to update your dependent SSN.