Workers Compensation

The Workers' compensation team assists in providing wage replacement, medical benefits, and medical treatment to employees injured in the course of employment.

Reporting a Work-Related Illness or Injury

An injured worker may not complete their own injury report. Please consult your supervisor for information regarding the proper reporting procedures for your area. Employees with reporting access may also call the reporting line with Broadspire if there is a technical issue with reporting the injury online. The Penn State reporting number is 877-219-7738.

Medical Treatment

The injured worker must choose a Health Care Provider Panel participant for the first 90 days of treatment in order to ensure that the University will pay for medical treatment. For Penn State Extension employees ONLY, see Penn State Extension Employee Panels.

Emergency Medical Treatment

If the injury results in an immediate medical emergency, initial medical assistance may be obtained from the nearest hospital. However, follow-up care must be from a Health Care Provider Panel participant.