Tutor - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Student and Academic Services
JOB CODE: 8369-0000
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Tutors provide proactive or remedial purposed non-classroom academic instruction to individual students or small groups.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Facilitate individual and small group tutoring sessions; regularly meet with assigned students to review course content and integrate effective study and learning strategies
- Review class material with students; discuss text and assignments; coach solutions to problems
- Teach study skills, note-taking skills, and test-taking strategies
- Prepare tutoring session lesson plans or learning modules; create handouts, study materials, or quizzes; assess student progress and provide feedback
- Assist students in classrooms, laboratories, or computing centers; may work in a variety of instructional formats including face-to-face, telephone, electronic mail, video platforms, etc.
- Research and suggest faculty approved textbooks, software, equipment, or other learning materials to complement tutoring
- Maintain student assessment, progress, feedback, and performance records, ensuring confidentiality
- Establish and maintain a rapport with students, staff, and faculty; communicate student progress in formal written reports, in person, by phone, or by email