Audio/Visual Technician - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Campus Operations
JOB CODE: 8511-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Support audio-visual equipment in classrooms, computer labs, and for various events; set up and operate audio and video equipment including microphones, speakers, projectors, recording equipment, sound and mixing boards, and lighting.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Set up, operate, and secure audio-visual and technology equipment such as video projectors, portable and built-in amplifying systems, wired and wireless microphone and sound systems, mixers, disc players, video cameras and digital recorders, audio/video data switching devices, podium controls, lighting controls, digital signage, etc.
- Respond to requests for assistance regarding the operation of audio-visual equipment; identify, troubleshoot, and resolve operational problems; report non-routine issues
- Assist with internet connection and malfunctions related to the operation of personal and in-house computers
- Demonstrate to faculty, staff, visitors, and students the proper use of audio-visual equipment; conduct orientation sessions; maintain signage and documentation to assist users in the proper operation of equipment
- Confer as requested with users about additional audio-visual equipment, placement, and services needed and discuss with supervisor
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment such as cameras, projectors, lighting, audio, etc.; perform minor repairs and adjustments such as replacing lamps, power cords, cables, etc.; notify Supervisor of non-functioning equipment and major repair/replacement needs
- Conduct surveys for various event locations to include but not limited to lighting, microphone placement, cable runs, etc.; determine availability of power for lighting and audio needs
- Set-up and tear down equipment and furniture for events; test all equipment to ensure that it is functioning properly; operate and monitor sound equipment and lighting at events, as needed
- Maintain equipment in a clean and orderly fashion; report issues to Supervisor