Beverage Mixer - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Hospitality and Food Services
JOB CODE: 8560-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Beverage Mixers are bartenders at one of the University’s Hospitality Services locations, such as The Penn Stater and The Nittany Lion Inn. Responsibilities include taking orders, preparing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to guests, and maintaining stock and supplies. These positions are typically eligible for tips.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Check customer identification to verify age requirements for alcohol purchases
- Prepare cocktails, make drinks, dispense beverages on tap and in bottles
- Operate point of sale system; receive cash payments and make change
- Provide a positive and friendly guest experience by interacting with customers
- Notify supervisor of customers appearing visibly intoxicated
- Inspect glasses to ensure cleanliness; stock bar with glasses
- Prepare requisition slips for various supplies, such as fruits, mixes, beverages, glassware, etc., as needed
- Maintain an adequate supply of liquor, beer, wine, mixers, ice, napkins, straws, glassware, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly bar area
REQUIREMENTS: Must be Responsible Alcohol Management Program (RAMP) certified or be willing to take the training as a condition of hire.