Coach - In-Season/Camp - part-time
JOB FAMILY: Athletics and Recreation
JOB CODE: 8392-0000
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
The Part-Time Coach (In Season / Camp) is responsible for the organization and administration of all or select phases of a comprehensive sports program or camp, including sport instruction, practice and game preparation, scheduling, strength and conditioning, academic monitoring, and game day duties.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Instruct student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of the respective sport
- Execute coaching strategies, practice plans, and skill development activities; develop game day strategies
- Assist and/or oversee the planning, organization, execution, and staffing of sport camps
- Establish competitive schedule
- Mentor student athletes to foster athletic, academic, emotional, and social growth; establish and enforce the rules of conduct and team policies
- Respond to media requests and maintain access/availability of coaching staff and student-athletes; provide information to the media about the team, the program, upcoming competitions, etc.
- May supervise assistant coaches, student managers, volunteer coaches, undergraduate coaches, and other personnel