Human Resources Assistant - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Administration
JOB CODE: 8335-0000
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
The Human Resources Assistant supports the daily management of human resources operations; administers various human resources programs; respond to general inquiries; provide assistance and coordination for various human resources functions.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Support, maintain and monitor human resources programs and events; maintain up-to-date records of actions, decisions, and timeframes
- Answer general questions related to University policies and procedures, Union agreements, general benefits questions, FMLA, etc.
- Assist employees with the completion of employment/human resources related forms; ensure that Federal/State laws, University policies and procedures are followed; verify correct information, determine eligibility, and complete necessary documentation for specific area of responsibility; update personnel files
- Assist employees with online human resources systems; verify and review information for accuracy
- Assist with various ongoing human resources-related projects
- Enroll or remove individuals from various plans and programs
- May perform general office support such as answering telephone, greeting visitors, distributing mail, preparing correspondence, scheduling and canceling meetings and appointments, compiling information, etc.