Human Resources Specialist - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Administration
JOB CODE: 8334-0000
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
The Human Resources Specialist provides expertise in a specific area of human resources such as compensation, benefits, recruitment, employee relations, immigration, training and development, employee wellness, and/or affirmative action; counsels and advises management and employees; initiates and responds to inquiries; provides information about various University policies and procedures; investigates employee issues/concerns; compiles and analyzes data; prepares reports; develops presentations and communications for a variety of audiences; develops and/or modifies policies, procedures, and programs related to area of specialization that are consistent with changes to federal and state laws and regulations and are consistent with University and unit strategic plans.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Initiate and/or respond to inquiries concerning human resources issues
- Assist in coordination of specialized programs such as recruitment, employment, development, affirmative action, etc.
- Provide guidance to supervisors and managers regarding human resources policies, procedures, and practices in area of specialization
- Provide analysis and recommendations to units regarding strategies for various Human Resources programs/services
- Partner with management to provide consulting, training, and development services to develop workforce competence, employee wellness, and organizational capability
- May be responsible for statistical analysis and/or reports for a variety of audiences
- Ensure programs, policies, and procedures support and enhance the goal of achieving a diverse workforce
- Develop training, communications, presentations and/or information programs for employees
- May investigate and resolve grievances, complaints, and/or employee relations issues