Maintenance Worker - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Maintenance and Trades
JOB CODE: 8536-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Perform routine, general, preventive maintenance, and repairs of buildings and facilities. Assist mechanics, and trades personnel as directed.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Perform routine electrical maintenance to light fixtures (ballasts and starters), emergency lights, switches, outlets, etc.; relamp areas as required; replace plugs on lamps, etc.
- Perform minor carpentry work such as installing locks and lock cores, door closers, hinges, screens, etc. Repair minor damage to wallboard and drywall
- Perform routine plumbing repairs such as changing faucet and shower washers and unclogging drains and toilets; replace vacuum breakers and spud gaskets on flushometers
- Perform preventative maintenance on kitchen and food-service equipment such as replacing seals and filters, cleaning vents and water lines, and greasing pump motors
- Sand and clean surfaces and apply primers, finishes, and adhesives such as sealers, lacquers, paint, and contact cement using a brush or roller
- Operate various types of scrubbing, buffing, and shampooing equipment such as scrubbing machines, vacuum, wet-dry pick-up machine, etc., and hand tools, as required. Sweep, scrub, strip, seal, wax and shampoo various types of floors and floor coverings and furniture
- Move and/or relocate furniture, equipment, supplies and construction materials. Unload incoming materials and move to storage locations
- Fertilize, mow and seed lawns as required; rake and remove leaves, paper and other debris from lawns, sidewalks, parking lots and roadways
- Glue or reglue floor tile, ceiling tile, carpet, vinyl or carpet wall covering and cove base. Cut and fit carpet for loose installation
- Operate hand portable power tools such as drills, sanders, circular saws, saber saws, router, power screwdriver, etc.
- Plow, shovel snow and chop ice; spread cinders, sand and other anti-skid materials on walks and driveways using small power and/or hand tools, as required