Technical Communications Specialist - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Media, Marketing and Communications
JOB CODE: 8388-0000
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
The Technical Communications Specialist performs technical writing and editing for scholarly publications, technical documentation, and educational communications.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Write and/or edit technical, educational, and/or scholarly materials including, but not limited to, manuscripts, peer-reviewed writings, training curricula, academic materials, proposals, and reports.
- Conduct research; interview personnel/subject-matter experts; read journals and articles; review records, etc.
- Present complex content in a concise and understandable manner
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material
- Prepare materials that conform to specific editorial style and accommodate target audiences
- Appropriately source and ensure materials are copyright compliant
- Provide consultation and writing for special projects and presentations
- Retain final product and draft revision records and files, as directed
- May collaborate on instructional design and curriculum development processes