Driver (Non CDL) - Part TIme
JOB FAMILY: Campus Operations
JOB CODE: 8517-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Drive a light vehicle, such as a car, truck, or van, with a capacity of less than 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), primarily to transport passengers, supplies, materials, or mail. May load and unload vehicle, help passengers with personal items, and/or perform warehousing duties.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Operate vehicle to transport passengers, supplies, materials, mail, machines, equipment, etc.; load and unload, as required
- Operate radio system to communicate with dispatcher or other drivers; receive orders and follow through as directed
- Perform general housekeeping duties to keep vans clean and habitable on the inside; clean windshield and rear-view mirror(s) as needed. Read and record odometer readings as assigned
- As required, receive incoming shipments, inspect for quantity and condition. Report discrepancies and damages to supervisor
- Check general operation of vehicles daily, such as fuel level, tire pressure, headlights, turn signals, emergency and stop flashing lights, doors, windshield wipers, horn, etc. Report malfunctions and/or needed repairs
- Provide customer service to passengers such as greeting, providing direction, and loading/unloading bags
- Operate fork-lift, as required
REQUIREMENTS: Valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check.