Extension Education Support - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Education
JOB CODE: 8324-0000
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
The Extension Education Support position provides operational support related to administration, enrollment, promotion of the program and logistics coordination; assists with recruiting, training, and supervision efforts of volunteer leaders for various extension programs; works with youth and/or adult groups in conjunction with identified extension activities including presentations, communications, meetings, and reports.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Provide support for program operations and logistics related to general office work, fieldwork, and maintenance of daily activities
- Assist in recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers/volunteer leaders for extension programs
- Encourage enrollment in extension activities through various communication vehicles such as newsletters and public information
- May work with and supervise youth and adult groups in area of specialization; may include extension activities, tours, group meetings, etc.
- Assist with the forming, organizing, and functioning of extension groups
- May supervise a variety of area-specific functions including coordinating facility requirements, advising on projects and displays, judging events, creating communications
- Assist volunteers/members in carrying out projects; make suggestions for improvements; conduct meetings