Janitorial Worker - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Facilities, Grounds, and Utilities
JOB CODE: 8527-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Janitorial Workers keep building and grounds in clean and orderly condition; perform heavy cleaning duties such as buffing and waxing floors, shampooing rugs, washing windows and walls, removing rubbish, and cleaning snow from walkways.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Sweep, scrub, strip, seal, wax, and shampoo various types of floors, floor coverings, and furniture. Pressure wash locker rooms, restrooms, etc.
- Operate various types of scrubbing, buffing, and shampooing equipment such as scrubbing machine, vacuum, wet-dry pick-up machine, etc., and hand tools, as required
- Wash interior and exterior windows, wall sections floor to ceiling, ceilings, light fixtures, window screens, window coverings, etc.
- Set-up and clean-up chairs, tables, stages, platforms, bleachers, lecterns, etc., at various locations and scheduled events
- Remove, replace light bulbs, ballasts and starters, shades and covers, window coverings, window screens, and wall hangings, etc.
- Collect and remove accumulated waste and debris from buildings
- Notify supervisor of the need to reorder cleaning supplies, material, tools, and equipment; check shipments received against delivery slips for accuracy
- Shovel snow and chop ice; spread cinders, sand and other anti-skid materials on walks and driveways using power and hand tools
- Lock doors, close and lock windows, and turn out lights