Maintenance Mechanic - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Maintenance and Trades
JOB CODE: 8535-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Perform general facilities maintenance to include plumbing, electrical, and carpentry, but not rising to the level of a skilled trade. Clean areas as assigned.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Perform a variety of ordinary carpentry work on buildings to install, maintain, and/or repair items such as walls, partitions, drywall, paneling, woodwork, ceilings, doors, stair treads and risers, window glass, shelving, counters, drawers, bulletin boards, drape hardware, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on mechanical equipment and furnishings such as doors and door hardware, windows; lubricate, adjust, and replace parts as necessary
- Perform repairs on ovens, refrigerators, and other kitchen equipment
- Perform routine inspections on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment; adjust, lubricate, clean, and replace equipment such as fans, motors, filters, air compressors, pumps, etc.; report extensive repairs needed to supervisor
- Repair a variety of departmental appliances and equipment such as vacuum pumps, motors, water baths, shakers, centrifuges, vacuum ovens, etc. Tear down units and determine extent of repairs needed
- Assist other maintenance personnel with repairs and alterations to buildings, plumbing, heating, ventilating equipment, etc., as required
- Perform maintenance and make necessary repairs and alterations to all campus grounds and landscape equipment, including trucks, tractors, power mowers, sprayers, power saws, chain saws, snow blowers, snowplows, compressors, and other landscape and campus equipment
- Perform a variety of repair shop operations including welding, brazing, soldering, sanding, grinding, drilling, etc.
- Assist with equipment and materials installation, set-up, and operation