Proctor - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Student and Academic Services
JOB CODE: 8353-0000
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Proctors work to provide an engaging testing experience by immersing students into a programmatic regimen. Proctors disseminate testing materials and guide students with both oral and kinetic instruction prior to the start of a formal testing activity.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Confirm student identity by checking their photo identification
- Inform the student of permitted items while taking the exam, if any, such as notes, books, calculation devices, diagrams, etc.
- Ensure students are not in possession of prohibited items such as cell phones, electronic devices, flash drives, notes, books, purses, backpacks, etc.
- Seat the student at the testing computer, if applicable
- Provide approved testing materials
- Provide the student with general timelines for taking the exam
- Keep track of time for timed activities
- Ensure academic integrity is upheld