Long Term Care
The January semi-annual direct billing statements scheduled to be mailed in mid-December 2017 from John Hancock were not mailed as planned. John Hancock sincerely apologizes and is taking the following steps for those enrolled who are impacted by this issue:
- Apology letter along with the January semi-annual direct billing statement, will be mailed this week
- The insured’s coverage will not be effected by this issue and will remain in place with no interruption
- Insureds who elected Automatic Bank Withdrawal were NOT impacted by this error and the appropriate deductions were taken for January
As of 01/01/2012, John Hancock no longer offers a group long-term care plan.
Effective 01/01/2018, there are no longer payroll deductions for John Hancock long-term care for those employees who were grandfathered under the prior group plan. Below are the payment options so that you can continue to keep your coverage in effect. Please keep in mind that if no action is taken, the default option is to be placed on direct bill.
- Direct Bill (default option) – Receive a bill directly from John Hancock. You can choose to pay your premiums on a semi-annual or annual basis.
- Monthly Automatic Bank Withdrawal (ABW) – review details below on how to get started!
For any questions related to this change, please visit the John Hancock website, send an email to GLTCBilling@jhancock.com, or call (888) 321-4582; TTY for the hearing impaired (800) 255-1808. John Hancock Customer Service Consultants are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Current John Hancock members and all other faculty and staff who may be interested in learning more about the long-term care plans available through the “individual” market may contact the following long-term care brokers:
Kenneth Dean Johnson
2125 East College Avenue, Suite 101
State College, PA 16801
Overview of Coverage (Current Enrollees Only)