Carpenter - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Maintenance and Trades
JOB CODE: 8509-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Construct, erect, install, or repair structures and fixtures made of wood and other structural elements, such as concrete forms, building frameworks, partitions, joists, studding, rafters, wood stairways, window and door frames, and decorative architecture; install cabinets, siding, drywall and roofing materials.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Perform a variety of construction and renovation work for campus buildings; perform general repairs and alterations to roofs, stairs, floors, walls, ceilings, woodwork, etc.
- Review and interpret orders, construction documents, materials lists, etc.; attend site coordination meetings and provide input for constructability, repairs, and code compliance to project coordinators, supervisors, inspectors, etc.
- Install complex architectural and specialty components such as ceilings, bulkheads, hardware, mounting components, furnishings, fixtures, and other design features
- Maintain, repair, and construct a variety of cabinet work, such as bookcases, doors, sashes, tables, chairs and other special items and equipment
- Construct concrete forms, cutting and placing steel reinforcement
- Patch leaks in built-up roofing, replace broken slate, clean roof surfaces, gutters, and drain of rubbish and leaves
- Install counters from a variety of materials to include plastics, solid surface, quartz, stone, etc.
- Grind templates to be used in conjunction with making tool steel knives which are used for making special moldings and trims; work with plaster and concrete molds and plastic laminates and metals
- Fit and hang doors and jambs; install hardware on millwork, doors, windows, screens, and cabinets
- Set up and operate woodworking machines such as, power saws, planers, joiners, routers, portable power morticers, power planes, power caulkers, hinge jigs, nailers, and a variety of carpenter hand tools