Add or Edit Goals
After goals have been approved by an employee’s primary manager, the employee can edit their performance goals. After goals are edited and submitted, manager approval will be required.
Adding or Editing Goals
- From Workday, click on your Cloud icon and then your name/View Profile. This will take you to your employee profile.
- From the blue menu on the left-hand side of the screen, select Performance.
- Ensure you are on the Individual Goals tab across the top menu.
- Across the bottom, click the Edit button.
- Both your In Progress and Completed Goals are listed on the left-hand side of the screen. Click on the specific In Progress Goal you would like to edit OR click the Add button to add additional goals for the performance year.
- Edit the appropriate goal fields. (For example, Goal, Description, Status, and Due Date)
- Click Submit and Done.
After your goals are edited and submitted, manager approval will be required. You will not be able to edit any goal that is Pending Approval.
Manager Approval of New or Edited Goals
Managers will have to approve any new or edited goals throughout the performance cycle.
- From the Workday Inbox, click on the Manage Goals item for your employee.
- Review the goal(s). Decide whether the employee must make changes to their goals or you are ready to approve them. Proceed to a or b below based on your decision.
a. Make Changes: If you would like the employee to make changes to the goal, click Send Back. Use the comment box to include notes for the employee. Do not use the comment box directly above the Approve button. These are for process comments and can’t be viewed by the employee.
b. Approve: If you approve of the goals, click Approve. Do not use the comment box directly above the Approve button. These are for process comments and can’t be viewed by the employee