Public Safety Specialist (Armed) - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: PSUPOA
JOB CODE: 8381-0000
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Public Safety Specialists enforce polices, rules and regulations to ensure the safety and security of the campus community; respond to notifications of unsafe conditions or threats; conduct inspections; ensure established procedures are followed by employees, students, and visitors.
- Enforce University security policies, rules, and regulations
- Maintain visibility in the community to prevent illegal or unsafe acts and protect property
- Patrol buildings to ensure security measures are intact
- Respond to questions and provide general information
- Monitor camera feeds from various facilities
- Respond to radio calls, requests for assistance or services, and alarms; take appropriate action and call for assistance if needed
- Ensure established procedures are followed for employees and visitors such as search of materials entering and exiting buildings, escorting of personnel, etc.
- Conduct preliminary investigation of safety incidents and determine if escalation is required
- Submit reports of daily activities and irregularities
- Assist in conducting semi-annual security inspections
- Detain individuals who do not possess proper credentials and refer to proper authorities, if necessary
- May monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to maintain security of premises
REQUIREMENTS: Driver's License; U.S. citizenship; ability to pass a criminal background investigation. Act 235 Certification is required to be obtained within six months of hire.