Research Assistant/Associate - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Research and Engineering
JOB CODE: 8360-0000
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
The Research Assistant/Associate performs a variety of specialized tasks associated with designing and conducting research projects/experiments; collects, correlates, analyzes, summarizes, and reports on data; recruits and schedules participants for studies; informs participants of research information in accordance with established protocols; maintains participant records; oversees and monitors laboratory research procedures and recordings to ensure quality control and compliance; trains users in equipment operation and research techniques; may oversee laboratory operations.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Assist in the development, design, and execution of research projects, under general direction of senior research personnel and according to standard protocols or research plans; contribute to experiments/tests in the laboratory/field to test, prove, or modify theoretical propositions; collect, process, and present data
- Initiate or contribute to data analysis for use in technical reports, documents, proposals, or oral/written presentations
- Recruit and schedule subjects for clinical trials; describe the study, procedures, risks, benefits, and eligibility requirements
- Draft protocols, abstracts, and consent forms; coordinate abstraction of patient data from charts in compliance with protocols; assure the collection of subject data based on protocol
- Train users and other employees in equipment operation, research techniques, data recording functions; explain and demonstrate technology and equipment capabilities
- May oversee lab or facility operations, schedule and maintain records, maintain project budget, and maintain inventory
- Provide support for a research project such as gathering, summarizing, interpreting, and disseminating information on laws, policies, industry standards, emerging trends in a field of study, etc.
- May contribute to proposal drafts to obtain grant funding
- Serve as liaison with various research parties including Principal Investigators, research faculty, physicians, other University research offices and external research agencies