Creamery Attendant - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Campus Operations
JOB CODE: 8545-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Perform Creamery storeroom operations such as interacting with customers, preparing items to order, maintaining self-service areas, and cleaning functions.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Take orders from customers and dispense products; dip ice cream into cones and dishes; make milkshakes, etc.
- Operate and clean equipment such as beverage mixers, slicers, blenders, coffeemaker, etc.
- Prepare products for sale, display, or shipping; slice, cut, and wrap cheese; package ice cream and cheese boxes; operate saw to cut dry ice; weigh dry ice following proper guidelines
- Ensure that sanitary techniques are used in preparation, handling, and storage of food items
- Check and monitor temperatures of display cases on a defined schedule
- Replenish and rotate stock in merchandiser displays and on food bars to maintain quality and freshness; mark prices on merchandise
- Operate cash register and make change as required
- Assist in stock handling, packing, lifting, and moving products, supplies, and materials
- Check all equipment daily to ensure proper working conditions and cleanliness; report any malfunctions to Supervisor
- Maintain quality, freshness and cleanliness of food bars, condiments, and the areas in which they are served; check products to ensure they meet established standards of appearance, quality, and portion size; replace all products that do not meet standards
- Assist in various rooms in the Creamery, as needed, such as cleaning and packing milk crates; operate and clean dishwashing machine
- Clean, sweep, mop, and vacuum assigned areas following daily and weekly cleaning schedules
- Collect and remove refuse, garbage, etc., to designated locations
- Report items needing maintenance to Supervisor