Dish Room Attendant - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Hospitality and Food Services
JOB CODE: 8528-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Clean dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, or utensils. Perform other cleaning tasks as assigned.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Wash, scour, rinse, and dry soiled pots and pans, utensils, serving bowls, glasses, silverware, etc., using dishwasher or by hand; sort and store materials in proper location
- Remove, stack, store clean dishes in proper areas
- Drain, clean, and otherwise prepare machines for operation
- Clean, sweep, and mop assigned areas such as floors in dish room, kitchens and dining rooms following daily and weekly periodic cleansing schedules
- Collect, remove, and sort trash, compost, and recycling
- Operate dishwasher and other equipment such as power washer, disposal, etc.
- Make minor equipment adjustments, such as tightening/replacing screws, adjusting belts, etc.
- Report any equipment or facility damage/malfunction to the supervisor
- Assist in food preparation as directed
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition