Landscaper - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Facilities, Grounds, and Utilities
JOB CODE: 8531-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Maintain and landscape University grounds using tractors, mowers, sprayers, spreaders, light construction, and landscape equipment.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Mow, trim, fertilize, aerate, roll, seed, reseed, irrigate, topdress, and dethatch lawns, including athletic areas. Identify and treat common lawn disease, weeds, and insects. Control pests
- Identify and treat common flower, tree, and shrub insect pests and disease; spray and fertilize; prepare and mix chemicals per label instructions
- Plant, transplant, prune, weed, feed, cultivate, and remove trees, flowers, and shrubs
- Erect, move, and remove athletic equipment, fences, posts, traffic/directory signs
- Paint traffic lines, benches, fences, guardrails, signposts, fire hydrants, refuse containers, etc.
- Operate trucks, tractors, mowers, sprayers, spreaders, light construction/landscape equipment
- Establish sub-grades, finish grades for lawns, athletic areas, etc. Layout and line athletic areas
- Mix, pour, and finish concrete for patchwork and minor masonry repairs to curbs, walks, catch basins, etc.; lay asphalt material for patching roadways, walks, parking areas, etc.
- Set up safety equipment and barriers around work zone
- Conduct event set up, tear down, and clean up
- Perform vehicle and equipment checks; adjust, clean, oil, grease, inspect tire pressure, water, and anti-freeze levels; assist maintenance mechanics as directed
- Remove brush, leaves, grass clippings, paper, spoil, and rubbish from walks, roads, curbs, parking lots, lawns, and other University property. Remove paint and other materials defacing University property. Remove snow and ice from walks, roads, and parking lots; apply anti-skid materials
- Report unusual job conditions to supervisor
REQUIREMENTS: May require Pennsylvania Public Pesticide Applicator (Category 6, 7, and or 23)