Nominations sought for the 2024 Faculty and Staff Achievement Awards
Penn State Human Resources is now accepting nominations for the Faculty and Staff Achievement Awards (FSAA) for 2024. These awards, given annually, recognize the efforts of faculty and staff who go beyond their basic duties to bring about positive and lasting change to the University and/or to the community.
The six awards that comprise the FSAA are:
- The Barash Award for Human Service – This award recognizes a full-time member of the faculty, staff or student body at the University Park campus who contributes to human causes, public service activities and organization, or the welfare of others.
- The McKay Donkin Award – This award recognizes a full-time faculty, staff, or retiree for contributions to the economic, physical, mental or social welfare of the faculty of the University.
- The Dr. James Robinson Equal Opportunity Award – This award recognizes a full-time faculty or staff member, with at least two years of active University service, who promotes the concept of equal opportunity through affirmative action and contributes to the improvement of cross-cultural understanding.
- The Award for Administrative Excellence – This award recognizes a staff member for their performance and achievements that would exemplify administrative excellence.
- The Staff Excellence Award – This award recognizes the consistently outstanding performance of a staff member who demonstrates ongoing quality improvement, team spirit and excellence.
- The Support Staff Award – This award recognizes the high-quality performance of a full-time, nonexempt staff member with a minimum of five years of active University service.
To submit a nomination or learn more about each award, visit the FSAA webpages.
Once a nomination is submitted, the nominator is asked to upload a letter of support for the nomination, and then select up to three individuals to contribute supporting documentation for the nomination. These individuals will receive an email, within 2 days of the nomination, that describes the award and the documentation to be submitted.
All faculty and staff are encouraged to nominate a fellow Penn Stater for an award. The deadline for nominations and supporting documents is Monday, Nov. 13.