Plumber - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Maintenance and Trades
JOB CODE: 8541-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Assemble, install, alter, and repair pipelines or pipe systems that carry water, steam, air, or other liquids or gases. May work on utility service lines as well as internal building systems.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Install, repair, and maintain a wide variety of plumbing and piping components including water lines, hot waterlines, pneumatic lines, gas lines, effluent lines, sewer lines, etc.
- Inspect and maintain tunnels, manholes, valve and meter boxes, septic tanks, cesspools, grease traps, certain utility storage areas and other areas to include all plumbing and piping installations and equipment
- Install, repair, and maintain all types of piping materials and components used on campus distribution system including, but not limited to, PVC, copper, steel, cast iron, terra cotta, transite, fiber glass, etc.
- Repair and relieve clogged drains, catch basins, toilets, urinals, lavatories, and any damaged plumbing fixture; repack as necessary valves, faucets, slip joints, etc.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, sketches, and work orders; plan and layout work
- Operate various types of hand and power tools to cut, thread, bend and join pipe; operate and maintain portable sewage and water pumps, sewage cleaning machines and rods, etc.
REQUIREMENTS: Plumber trades training