The performance review process is an opportunity for employees to partner with their managers to establish goals that align with unit or team objectives and support the development of the individual, as well as, the success of the organization. During this process, managers and employees establish goals and manage performance through frequent and ongoing review and feedback to ensure expectations are clear and objectives are on track.
The effectiveness of the performance review process is reliant on the level of engagement of both the manager and employee. When done well, the performance review process results in both parties having a(n):
- shared set of expectations for the year
- clear understanding of performance and progress toward goals throughout the year
- opportunity to strengthen their working relationship through regular discussions
- ability to directly impact the success of the organization
- commitment to focus on the personal and career development of the employee
The program consists of four phases:
- Set Goals (Start of Year)
- Manage Goals
- Final Goal Review (End of Year)
To learn more about each step in the process and your role as an employee or manager, click on each step below.
Timeline for the Performance Review Cycle:
2021-2022 Timeline: July 1, 2021 - March 31, 2022
2022-2023 Timeline: April 1, 2022 - March 31, 2023
Questions should be submitted via an inquiry – select “Talent Management/Workplace Learning” as the topic.