Please visit and LIKE us on Facebook!
University Staff Advisory Council of the Pennsylvania State University
THE APPLICATION PERIOD
FOR 2020-21 USAC MEMBERSHIP
is now open.
The deadline for applications is March 31, 2020.
The three-year appointment begins in August 1, 2020.
Access the online USAC Application at the following link: USAC Application
Note: At the conclusion of the online application, applicants will be asked to submit a letter of support from their direct supervisor. This letter should express an understanding of the responsibilities associated with this role and provide a commitment to support the staff member throughout the time served. Specifically, the letter should acknowledge the supervisor’s understanding that: membership is a 3-year term; the time commitment is a minimum of 3 hours per month; and the activity is considered official University business. The online application will prompt applicants to submit the letter to the USAC Membership and Elections committee. Please ensure that the title of the document includes your name or UserID in order to expedite the review process.
The University Staff Advisory Council is a great way for staff at all Penn State campus locations to get involved and serve fellow staff members. Appointed USAC members have voting responsibilities and serve three-year terms, beginning August 1. Monthly council meetings typically occur during normal University hours, last approximately two hours, and are considered University business. For questions about the application or membership, contact Jeannine Wonderling, Membership and Elections Committee Chair at [email protected]. Thank you.
- Full-time staff employees (non-bargaining unit) are eligible to apply
- Council approves member appointments based on Committee recommendations
- The Council consists of 20 to 30 staff members (exempt and nonexempt)
- Appointments include a diverse representation of staff from a variety of units and locations
- Term of office (voting position) is three years
- Members are required to serve on sub-committees within the larger council
Current and alumni members serve(d) on the following committee:
- Medical Plan Steering Committee (inactive at this time)
- Advisory Council for Continued Excellence (ACCE)
- Strategic Planning
- Joint Committee on Insurance and Benefits (JCIB)
- Smoking and Tobacco Free Trask Force (inactive)
- VP of HR Search Committee
- Greek Response Team Committee
- Committee for Compensation and Benefits
- SIMBA Change Management Advisory Committee
- Infrastructure and Support Commitment
- Faculty Benefits Committee for Dental and Vision Vendor