please visit and LIKE us on Facebook!
University Staff Advisory Council of the Pennsylvania State University
The application period
for 2019-20 USAC membership
will begin in Spring 2019.
When the application process begins, the link below will be available to access the application form.
The deadline for applications is March 31, 2019.
The three-year appointment begins in August 2019.
The University Staff Advisory Council is a great way for staff at all Penn State campus locations to get involved and serve fellow staff members. Appointed USAC members have voting responsibilities and serve three-year terms, beginning July 1. Monthly council meetings typically occur during normal University hours, last approximately two hours, and are considered University business. For questions about the application or membership, contact the membership committee chair Jean Marie Jacob, Membership and Elections Committee Chair at email@example.com. Thank you.
- Full-time staff employees (non-bargaining unit) are eligible to apply
- Council approves member appointments based on Committee recommendations
- The Council consists of 20 to 30 staff members (exempt and nonexempt)
- Appointments include a diverse representation of staff from a variety of units and locations
- Term of office (voting position) is three years
One member shall serve as liaison from these organizations for a one-year period in a non-voting role:
- Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- Commission on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Equity
- Commission for Women (inactive)
Current and alumni members serve(d) on the following committee:
- Medical Plan Steering Committee (inactive at this time)
- Advisory Council for Continued Excellence (ACCE)
- Strategic Planning
- Joint Committee on Insurance and Benefits (JCIB)
- Smoking and Tobacco Free Trask Force (inactive)
- VP of HR Search Committee
- Greek Response Team Committee
- Committee for Compensation and Benefits
- Infrastructure and Support Commitment
- Faculty Benefits Committee for Dental and Vision Vendor