Bellhop/Driver - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Hospitality and Food Services
JOB CODE: 8561-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Bellhop/Drivers are a part of the guest services experience at one of the University’s Hospitality Services locations, such as The Penn Stater and The Nittany Lion Inn. Responsibilities include valet and shuttle service to guests, delivery of items, and facility escort. These positions are typically eligible for tips.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Perform a variety of tasks to provide service for guests, such as carrying bags, checking out luggage, and handling requests for laundry and dry-cleaning service
- Drive guests’ vehicles to and from parking lot when requested
- Hang garments for guests in bell closet and return garments when requested
- Maintain an orderly bell closet
- Perform minor cleaning of lobby area as needed
- Maintain entranceway in a clean condition by sweeping debris, shoveling snow, etc.
- Drive guests to airport, bus station, around campus, etc.
- Maintain shuttle log
- Transport packages, envelopes, and mail within Hospitality Services locations and other buildings around campus
REQUIREMENTS: A valid driver`s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check.