Dining Room Attendant - Part Time
JOB FAMILY: Hospitality and Food Services
JOB CODE: 8516-0001
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE DEFINITION:
Facilitate dining room and guest room food service. Clean tables, remove dirty dishes, replace soiled table linens; set tables; replenish supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes; set up, restock, and tear down buffets; serve items such as water, coffee, and other beverages. These positions are typically eligible for tips.
SAMPLE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Set up, restock, and tear down buffets. Ensure buffet items are maintained at proper temperature and freshness; confer with appropriate personnel if temperature/freshness is outside established guidelines, and act as directed
- Clear and set dining room tables; serve water, coffee, and other beverages; provide menu item information and recommendations
- Check customer identification to verify age requirements for alcohol purchases
- Notify supervisor of customers appearing visibly intoxicated
- Keep condiment containers cleaned and filled. Maintain side work areas in a stocked, clean, and orderly condition
- Gather, prioritize, set up, and deliver room service menu orders. Collect trays and dishes from guest rooms, separate dishes, glasses, silverware, etc.
- Maintain dining area in a clean and orderly condition. Dust and polish furniture and fixtures; dry and polish silverware; ensure all dishware, glassware, serving and dining utensils, chafing dishes, linens, etc. are properly cleaned prior to service; perform other cleaning tasks as assigned
- Report unusual conditions to supervisor or individual in charge of dining area
REQUIREMENTS: Must be Responsible Alcohol Management Program (RAMP) certified or be willing to take the training as a condition of hire.