Step 2: Mid-Year Check-In
The Mid-Year Check-In ensures that managers and staff members meet at least once each year to check-in and have a conversation regarding progress towards annual goals. The Mid-Year Check-In is the only conversation, besides beginning of the year and end-of-year that is required. However, staff members are encouraged to meet more frequently and as needed with their manager throughout the year.
The Mid-Year Check-In is important as it allows managers to more easily monitor employee performance and progress and gives an opportunity to share observations, re-iterate expectations and update goals if necessary.
Training Resources and Materials
Register for an Adobe Connect session below to learn how to effectively complete a mid-year check-in:
- Giving and Receiving Feedback for Individual Contributors
- Giving and Receiving Feedback for Supervisors
Mid-Year Check-In steps:
- Employee schedules a check-in meeting with the manager and provides an update of goal progress.
- Employee and manager discuss overall performance and review goals; if necessary, adjustments can be made to goals. No formal evaluation or ratings are needed for this conversation.
- Employee and manager document notes from the conversation in Workday.